Sunday 24 August 2014

Homework

The process of building a watch is very intricate and delicate so the watchmaker uses a magnifying glass to see. He uses a tiny pair of red pliers and a small stick with a soft end to gently push the parts into place without damaging them. I can feel the cool metal on my fingers, that is made in to the watch. I can feel time slowing down as every second ticks by in the watchmakers shop. I can see the tiny parts getting pushed together by the watchmaker. The metallic sound of clicking fills my ears as the precious metal parts are softly placed inside of the watch. I can smell the strong scent of pure concentration. You need a lot of focus to be a watchmaker. The air crackles with the intensity of creating a masterpiece, where all the tiny pieces fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. The tiny interlocking cogs spin together like a beautiful ballet recital as the final pieces of the watch are thoughtfully finished. I can hear the quiet ticking of thousands of small hands slowly moving around the face of each watch. Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock.


Watch making video

No comments:

Post a Comment